Tuesday, February 23, 2010

greetings from deniz

Below is a list of the produce items that I would love see, on a regular bases, among our weekly delivery:
- Spagetti Squash (lots of it, i am in love with spagetti squash. If I could, I would put the squash in place of Matt Czuchry's head. I am also in love with Matt Czuchry. This may sound weird, so be it).
- Black garlic
- Rainbow carrots
- Eggs
- mineola orange- I love these. they are delicious
- Greens, more green veggies. I love steaming up my green veggies (i.e., asparagus) and eat it like a salad (with 2 tbs of olive oil and lemon dressing)

3 comments:

Ben said...

I love spaghetti squash, as we have established. I love other squashes too. here is my list of wants:
squashes
asparagus
spinach
quinoa, (is this possible to get?)
apples, oranges, kiwi, pears, grapefruit
broccoli
brussel sprouts!
cucumbers are ok, but not crazy about them.
nuts and seeds!
I love eggs from my head down to my legs.

Here is my list of don't wants:
Carrots - too high on the GI. Good for garnishing, but i dont need 10 carrots a week.
Bananas - love them, but too high on the GI
beats - they make my poop too red.
eggplant - i know others like it, but its weird.
sometimes i get too much leafy greens. How am i supposed to eat a 55 gal drum of mixed greens?

This is just my ideal list. I know you can't please us all 100%.

Thanks!

Ben said...

oh! and almond butter!!!

suzy said...

Hey guys! I know I've only done the market one week but here are my thoughts:

Loves:
Apples
Bananas
Oranges
Kiwis
Grapes
papaya
mango
Basically any fruit possible
Green beans
asparagus
snow peas
snap peas
spinach
cucumbers
carrots (I'm with Ben on this one - we don't need a ton)
cauliflower
onions
garlic
nuts (those almonds were awesome!)
eggs
I love to eat squash but I'm still branching into cooking it at home.

Dislikes:
Broccoli is my most hated food. Please let me know if you are a broccoli lover so I don't have to ruin everyone's fun.
Brussel Sprouts