Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins!

I love fall! I love pumpkins and I love anything that tastes like a pumpkin. That pretty much sums it up. Enjoy this delicious recipe compliments of Diane at balancedbites.com. I used butter instead of coconut oil because I wanted to make sure the pumpkin was the strongest flavor. NOT saying the coconut oil version is bad, it's not. It's still delicious. I also added walnuts because walnuts are the shit. But I understand some peeps are allergic. These muffins are also delicious with or without nuts. :)


Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:


1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted (I used Kerrygold grassfed butter)
6 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (can be canned or fresh, if fresh, cook, cook and strain excess water from your pumpkin before using it in this recipe)
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (I used maple syrup)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice/nutmeg (I used 1/4 teaspoon of each)
pinch salt

How to:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease a standard muffin tray or use paper liners (paper is probably ideal).
Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl together until well beaten: butter, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and honey/maple syrup.
Measure dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice/nutmeg) into a sifter and slowly sift into the wet ingredients, whisking as you do so that you don’t have lumps in the batter.
Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.

Variations:
Add chopped walnuts and/or Enjoy Life gluten/dairy/soy free chocolate chips to the mixture before baking or place some on top.

No comments: